Grow Your Own Micro Herb Kit!
Grow your own micro herbs for that extra bit of class and extra bit of smug satisfaction at diner time. Introducing-
The Brassica Bundle
Made up of 4 individual grow trays. Mustard, red cabbage, broccoli and radish. Packed with goodness this mighty bundle is ready to rock n roll in 8-10 days. Just add water and let the seeds do the rest!
Grow Bristol is leading the movement for changing the way we feed our cities. They grow high quality & ultra-local produce in their indoor farm all-year-round and are busy creating the next generation of urban farms and future farmers for a more sustainable future.
Check them out
- Find something to sit your punnets in. It could be a small plate or an old takeaway tray.
- Take the cardboard lid off your punnets and wet the compost.
- Scatter the seeds over the damp compost making sure to spread them as evenly as possible. If you have a spray bottle give the seeds a little spray.
- Put the cardboard lid back on nice and tight making sure no light can get in.
- The damp compost will activate the seed germination. To speed things up try keeping them somewhere warm like a sunny windowsill or on top of your boiler.
- Check on the seeds every day or two to make sure they are nice and damp.
- After 4 to 6 days your seedlings should be ready for some light! You’ll know because they’ll start to push off the cardboard lid.
- When ready, remove the lid and place the punnets somewhere nice and light.
- Water every day or so from underneath and your microgreens will be ready in a week or so.
- Cut from just above the lip of the punnet and enjoy!
- As long as you keep watering the micros will keep on growing for you to eat when you like.
- When your finished, put the whole lot in your food or compost bin, or save the punnet to use for some seedlings.
- Don’t forget to send in pictures using #GrowBristolGYO on Instagram.